Rock and Pop Music Lessons
The Rock Project was started in 2005 by Stuart and Lowri Wynne who felt that the ‘old-school’ style of teaching music was just not hitting the right note with today's children, and so they set about developing and refining a unique system aimed directly at the ambitions and needs of children between the ages of 7 and 16, and now enjoys unparalleled demand at every new school launched.
How It WorksWe offer lessons in Guitar, Bass Guitar or Drums. Students have lessons in the instrument of their choice in a small group of no more than four or five. These lessons last for one hour and we use carefully selected tutors from a growing bank of experienced professionals. Most tutors approach us when we open a new school as they enjoy the style and ethos of our classes and would love to become part of our network. The second hour consists of singing, the Music Master quiz and Plug & Play. During this session students mix with students from other instrumental groups. This session places equal importance on group performance work as well as solo performance work and also encourages teamwork. Music Master quiz is not just about Rock and Pop, students learn about all genres of music as well as the theory and history of music whilst having fun. The Plug & Play sessions give the students a chance to put into practice what they have learned in their instrumental lessons. Even though we encourage as many of them to take part as possible we would not insist anyone to do something they are not comfortable with.
The Rock Project Franchise
Every franchisee will be granted the exclusive rights to run our unique schools under the brand name of The Rock Project and will benefit from the training and guidance of our experienced support team. The franchisee will co-ordinate the schools in their own exclusive territory and will be provided with all of the equipment and know-how necessary to run identical sessions to those which we have tested and proven in the past. The Rock Project is run in school term time but out of school hours, so could be run in the evenings or weekends, enabling franchisees to fit around their existing commitments until the business has grown to a significant size. If the franchisees have a certain amount of musical knowledge, this will reduce the number of tutors required and will therefore improve the profitability of the business, although it is by no means essential.
The InvestmentThe Rock Project Franchise Package including all of the systems, equipment, training as detailed below and a territory with a population of 100,000 costs £14,995 including VAT. To take up this option, incoming franchisees will usually only need access to around £6,500 (plus any working capital for living expenses etc). Before proceeding with the franchise we will provide you with all of the background financial details to ensure that you have all of the information necessary to make a clear, well-informed decision, however we strongly recommend that you seek independent advice before undertaking any franchise investment.
The Rock Project Franchise PackageThe Rock Project Franchise Package Includes:
- Your own exclusive franchise territory Business operating manual
- Head office support from The Rock Project Team
- A full set of advertising templates on CD
- Full set of start up stationery templates
- The Rock Project database
- Your own Rock Project webpage
- A Rock Project email address
- A full range of musical equipment
- Do you enjoy working with children?
- Do you enjoy pop and rock music (whilst not necessarily being a gifted musician)?
- Would you like the freedom and flexibility to be your own boss, and work the hours you want to work?
- Do you understand that success is not guaranteed, and is dependent upon your own efforts?
- Would you like the opportunity to work from home, and fit your new business around your existing commitments?
- Are you willing to follow a tried and tested system in order to ensure success?
- Would you like to feel part of a strong national brand, with full support and back-up from an experienced team?
- Are you energetic and enthusiastic?